Earth Care Campaign 2010-2014
Culture of Care – Water for Life – Reduce-Reuse-Recycle
FromJanuary 1, 2010
UntilWednesday, December 31
For more information and documents please visit the campaign's website: earthcare.life-link.org
related to this event
- Statement on Violence (Sevilla conference 1986, adopted by UNESCO 1989) In summary: Biology does not codemn humanity to war. The same species who invented war, is capable of inventing peace. The reponsibility lies with each of us.
- Weapons of Mass Destruction (Atom bombs, Biological weapons, Chemical weapons).
- Earths limited natural and biological resources.
- "Waste", definition.
- Positive environmental impact of R-R-R and what I / We can do to help.
- The R-R-R action goes well together with some other actions like Transports At and Around Our School (3:09), SOS (3:01), IDEAS (3:02), Clean Up the World (3:03), Water For Life (3:08).
- Water is a limited and a non-renewable "resource" on Earth.
- Water is an indispensable constituent for Life.
- Water connects people and states through rivers, seas and oceans.
- Demands for water causes serious conflicts between neighbouring states.
- An ethics in favour of "Caring and Sharing of the Earth's Water" must have highest priority for individuals' behaviour as well as collective undertakings.